CrossFit Tucker – CrossFit
(0:00 – 3:00)
– Strength: Perform 3 reps every 60 seconds x 6 sets. We are going for moderate weight with added resistance (the band) which will be a smaller band attached at both sides of the barbell. Brace the core and glutes and work on a quick dip/drive and explosion. Focus here is on improving movement patterns which will translate to a better, more explosive dip/drive on your push press.
– Metcon: 20 min workout switching movements each minute between: 15 db push press, 30 du, 15 db rows, and 15 burpees. There is no designated rest so scale accordingly. This workout will challenge your ability to maintain efficient movement patterns under fatigue. Scale reps appropriately to allow for some rest between movements. Burpees will eat up time quickly.
(3:00 – 15:00)
5 minutes of Dynamic Warm-up:
Skips for height/distance
Bear walk again
Inchworks with a push-up
Banded Push Press with empty bar x 5.
– 15 Banded Pulldowns between sets
Speed Push press against single band (3-3-3-3-3-3)
6 x 3 @60-65% of last Friday, every 60s.
– Beginner: 5 x 5, no band. Rest 90s.
– If you’re not using bands perform all sets at 80% of 1RM, every 90s.
Push Press (3-3-3-3-3-3)
Metcon (No Measure)
Minute 1: 15 DB Push Press (50s, 35s)
Minute 2: 30 Double Unders
Minute 3: 15 Bent-over Double DB Rows (50s, 35s)
Minute 4: 15 Burpees
L2: (40s, 25s) (Double Under Attempts) (10 Burpees)
L1: (35s, 20s) (40 Single Unders) (8 Burpees)
(55:00 – 60:00)
1a) Banded Hammer Curls: 3 x 15. No rest.
1b) Elbow out Tricep Extensions: 3 x 15. No rest.